Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Hippocampus

Over the weekend, my sister-in-law asked me about a book. I didn't think I'd heard of it. As she talked more, I realized that I had not only heard of it, I'd read it - and in the last year. I didn't remember a thing about it - title, author, subject, anything - without heavy reminders.

I think that's sad, and so, in an effort to actually retain something from the things I read (or watch, for that matter), I'm starting a new blog. My goal is to at least record title and author for everything I read, and if I get a chance, I'll write a summary, opinion, recommendation, or other thoughts. It's always easier to remember things when you process them in a variety of ways, utilizing as many senses as possible. I'm hoping that by spending a few extra minutes working my thoughts out through my fingers, a little more will seep into my sorry, shriveling little brain.

I'm not sure why I think this is something I'll be able to devote any resources to, especially as I'm having a hard time keeping up with the dishes, not to mention home improvements and my other dusty blog. Still, the only way to get something done is to do it, right? So here goes.

Incidentally, sorry about the weird green blog templates. I have a thing for green blogs, apparently. I'm just going with it.

No comments: