Sunday, October 12, 2008

Making Money - Terry Pratchett

I love this guy. His books aren't perfectly constructed pieces of literature, by any means, but he's just so funny. I love his wordplay. His writing is grown-up oriented but PG at worst (although he does some great kid books, too), which is refreshing.

Moist von Lipwig returns to attack the failing banking industry, after resurrecting the Ankh-Morpork Post Office in Going Postal. I had several laugh-out-loud moments, and felt cosmically in-tune with Pratchett with the main character expressed his distaste for any day "that has two four o' clocks in it." When Will was a newborn, I realized that I could handle a heck of a lot of sleep deprivation and disorderliness, but I could not handle being up at both 4 a.m. and 4 p.m. Any day where that happened was a bad, bad day.

No comments: